You will create a stock portfolio of five stocks you select and submit a Final Paper on your analysis of your stock portfolio in Week 5. You will start working on your Final Paper during Week 1(This has been done already) and closely monitor the performance of your stocks to inform your Final Paper in Week 5.
Then, use information on the importance of stock performance in attracting investment capital for companies, the guidelines for making stock investment decisions, your investment objectives for your stocks, and the stock performance data as the basis for your Final Paper to be submitted by 6-26-17.
Your Final Paper should include:
- A summary of the importance of stock performance in attracting investment capital for companies.
- Your summary of the guidelines used for making stock investment decisions.
- Your investment objective for each of your five stocks.
- Your initial prediction of what you predicted would be the best and worst performing stocks (as viewed in the first week of class), and the actual performance after four weeks. Be sure to include a table that shows your initial performance ranking (from 1 to 5) and the final performance ranking for each stock.
- A summary of the performance of each of your stocks during the four week study period.
- The reasons for the four week performance of each of your stocks.
- Your predictions for future performance of each of your stocks.
- Your list of references used to prepare your report.
You must use at least three authoritative references to support your summary of the importance of stock performance and guidelines for individual investors. Your paper must be presented in American Psychological Association (APA) format. More details regarding your Final Paper are provided below.
REQUIREMENTS IN CONTENT, LENGTH, AND FORMAT
The paper has already been started and is attched.
The paper must be no fewer than 1,000 words and no more than 1,500 words.
LIST OF SUBHEADINGS FOR THE FINAL PAPER
For the Final Paper, please include the subheadings listed below and address each of the topics:
- Importance of Stock Performance in Attracting Investment Capital
- Stock Investment Objectives for Individual Investors
- Investment Objectives
- Summary of Weekly Stock Performance
- Portfolio Performance During the Investment Period