SQL Performance Tuning
In this assignment, you will learn about solutions and strategies for improving the performance of SQL queries.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research the following:
- SQL performance tuning
- Programming with SQL
Based on your research and understanding, complete the following tasks:
- Evaluate the given statement and discuss some approaches to address the issue: “We spent several million dollars a few years ago to create a database for managing our business. In the past several months, we acquired a new business but its data does not fit in our current system. What can we do to solve this problem?”
- Discuss some possible solutions and strategies for improving the performance of SQL queries and their ability to provide data to users:
- Identify the performance or usability issues that need to be addressed.
- Outline a possible solution for each issue. Use supporting examples, if necessary.
- Briefly describe how you would implement your solutions.
- Discuss how cardinality affects database design? Provide an example to support your answer.
- Discuss the importance of triggers and some risks associated with their use.
- In your opinion, state when using triggers makes the most sense. Why? When should you not use them? Why?