If you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn IOS App, please click “View in Browser.”
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Scenario for Assignments 1-6
Assume that your supervisor or program director has asked you to develop an evaluation plan for the program. This could be a training program, an educational program, a workshop, a series of courses at your workplace, educational instiuition, nonprofit organization, or other environment with which you are familiar. The target program should be one for which you have enough information to complete the assignments for this course. If you do not have one you have experienced, consider contacting someone who is in an environment that provides educational programs for adult learners and use that program for the project. If conduct interviews, then follow the Strayer guidelines highlighted below for conducting interviews.
You will develop the plan in stages, which are described in Assignments 1 – 5. Each stage is a building block that will become part of your confirmation evaluation plan with supporting instruments. Your professor will review each stage and offer feedback. Therefore, you will have an opportunity to revise some of the assignments. This is an authentic project and one that can be a significant component of your professional portfolio.
Assignment 6 is where you put all the stages of the project plan together into one paper and add a PowerPoint presentation with sufficient notes provided in the notes section of each slide.
Review all the assignments before starting.
(Note: Guidelines for Interview Assignments at Strayer University:
(1) Before students engage in an interview assignment, they must adhere to these Guidelines for Interview Assignments at Strayer University:
(a) The purpose of the assignment is to train students in interview/research methods, not to develop or contribute to research that can be applied to situations beyond that studied or that is created to share with others beyond the local setting.
(b) No publication of projects containing the results of or information from the interviews is allowed, including publication in social media, blogs or the Internet generally. The interview findings may only be shared in the class.
(2) When presenting the results of their interviews to their instructor and / or classmates, students may not disclose personally identifiable information about an interviewee, unless they have received written permission from the interviewee as verified by their instructor.
(3) All interviewees must be at least 18 years old.)
Assignment 1: Project Description
Refer to the Scenario Assignments 1-6.
Before writing the paper, complete the Confirmative Evaluative Evaluability Assessment Form for Training Programs (PST 3.2) to determine whether the selected program is appropriate for a confirmative evaluation. If the program is not appropriate for a confirmative evaluation, then choose another program to evaluate.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Provide an introduction paragraph in which you state the primary goal(s) of the planned evaluation (thesis).
- Analyze the context and need of the organization—the business or organizational focus, managerial style, and number of employees, locations, and type of customers or clients—for which the evaluation is planned. (Note: Assign a fictional name to the organization.)
- Describe three (3) key elements of the program’s content (subject, goals, or objectives, stand alone or part of a curriculum, choice—required or optional, etc.).
- Analyze the needs of the learners by identifying at least five (5) characteristics, such as: profession or job types, manager / non-manager employees, years’ experience in their field, attitude toward training content, prior knowledge of content, computer knowledge, age, gender, or other elements that would help in describing the learners.
- Describe any motivational methods or incentives (pay, rewards, honors, grades, recognition, certification, improved job skills, improved self-esteem, etc.) used in the program to influence participation and / or learning, and explain the reason for their inclusion.
- Describe the trigger event and / or primary reasons for conducting a confirmative evaluation.
- Predict at least three (3) benefits expected from conducting the confirmative evaluation.
- Provide a conclusion that summarizes the key points of the plan.
- Provide at least two (2) reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references, published within the last five (5) years that support the paper’s claims regarding motivational methods, reasons for conducting a confirmative evaluation, and benefits from an evaluation.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze adult learners and key variables that influence learning in workplace and educational environments.
- Examine the costs and benefits of assessment programs.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in assessment of adult learners.
- Write clearly and concisely about the assessment of adult learners using proper writing mechanics.