Part A: Answer each of the following questions in a composition of one or two paragraphs.
1. You’re an account executive who has received job offers from a full‐service agency, a creative
boutique, and an interactive agency. Describe the differences among these types of agencies.
2. You’re an account manager who plans to use the objective‐and‐task budgetary method. Explain
the steps you’ll take in doing this, and justify your reasons for selecting this approach.
3. Several governmental agencies are responsible for regulating advertising. Examine the duties
and powers of three of these agencies.
Part B: Answer each of the following questions in two to five sentences.
1. The objective of your advertising campaign is to persuade the consumer to purchase a product.
Choose four advertising methods to achieve this goal.
2. What is a click‐through? How frequent is the click‐through rate?
3. You’re a sales representative for a sporting goods manufacturer. Compare the push strategies of
point‐of‐purchase displays and incentives.
4. Distinguish between the offset lithography and plateless printing processes. As the art director
of a newspaper ad, which of these processes would you use and why?
5. What advertising techniques are used to reach (a) members of business organizations and (b)
6. Your advertising agency represents a fast‐food chain. You’re asked to complete a competitor
analysis and an industry analysis for the advertising plan. What type of data will you get from
7. A company wishes to improve its corporate image through advertising. Explain the differences
between an advocacy ad campaign and a cause‐related ad campaign.
8. Contrast the goal of primary demand stimulation with that of selective demand stimulation.
9. Choose one barrier to successful international advertising and describe one way advertisers can
10. Explain the difference between the pan and truck camera techniques.
Questions based on the following text:
Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion, 5th Edition
o Thomas O’Guinn, Chris Allen, and Richard J. Semenik
o ISBN‐10: 0324568622 / ISBN‐13: 9780324568622
o Published in 2009